We “met” on Facebook in 2009 and spent years “liking” each other’s pictures and travel stories before finally meeting in person in 2015. We eloped in Las Vegas six months after we met because we felt that we really knew each other through our love of travel and our mutual desire to retire outside the United States. However, we couldn’t be more different in how we travel, and that’s what makes this such an adventure for us.
James is the thrill seeker. When he’s not fighting fires or saving lives, he’s living life to the fullest skydiving, snorkeling some of the world’s most beautiful reefs, backpacking through undiscovered parts of countries the locals don’t even visit, staying in hostels, and eating whatever exotic food is put in front of him. He prefers to travel without a plan or a mission and to take it one day at a time.
Marcia, the professor, planner, and culture geek, prefers to explore museums and historical sites and learn everything there is to know about the destination before she gets there. She used to stay in resorts but is getting used to hostels. Slowly, but surely she’s learning to travel more simply and live more abundantly.
James and Marcia bonded over their love of travel and now want to share what they and their fellow Nomads have learned with you. Whether you have never left your hometown or have set foot on every continent, we invite you to share your journeys with us and join the Nomads4Life family.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)